Fire Survival & Smoke density testing apparatus
Fire Survival Test instrument:-
This instrument is designed to testing cables for resistance to fire of cable required to maintain circuit integrity under fire conditions. The instrument is
applicable to cables of rated voltage not exceeding 600/1000 V and of overall diameter less than or equal to 20mm (as per BS 6387) and diameter
exceeding 20mm (as per BS 7846).
The instrument is designed
Test cables under three protocols as per BS 6387:2013, BS 7846:2009 and BS 8491:2008 for
Protocol C: subject the cable under test to a flame via direct impingement corresponding to a temperature attach of 950 o C
Protocol W: subject the cable under test to a flame via direct impingement corresponding to a temperature attach of 650 o C with direct application of water
simulating a sprinkler system.
Protocol Z: subject the cable under test to a flame via direct impingement corresponding to a temperature attach of 950 o C with indirect application of
Smoke Density Test Chamber and associated photo system with Software:-
The instrument is manufactured as per the IEC specification and also confirms various other international standards. The instrument comprising of
• A Single walled 3m x 3m 3 m Chamber (powder Coated for long life).
• The Chamber is constructed on Aluminum Columns and 2mm thick GI Sheets. This ensure no rust formation on the chamber
• Door to access the chamber from inside with glass window, Alcohol Tray as per specifications, Sample Stand & Mixing fan inside the chamber along with
Sheet shielding as per specifications
• Constant DC power supply to produce 12 V DC, Light source and photometric System as per IEC 61034-1.
• Electronic Photometric System to capture and display the % Transmission of light, with specially developed software.
• Specially developed Software to capture % transmission from the photometric system.
• A computer (Windows 10) with preloaded software for interface and automatic reporting.